A comprehensive, unified platform which enables Motek’s ambitious business goals.
PEARL IS A NATURAL COLLABORATOR
– The best thing about our cooperation with Pearl is that they understand our business.
They are used to working with small and medium-sized businesses, like ours, not just the biggest. Therefore they can adjust a professional IT solution to fit a business of our size, says Managing Director Vegard Halden in Motek.
– In addition they are pleasant to work with; we can talk to them and we can talk with them.
That is why they are a natural collaborator for us given that we are looking to grow and develop in the future.
NEED THE VERY BEST
Motek is a direct supplier to the construction industry within tools and fixings. They are an importer of the strongest brands such as Hilti, Festool and Stanley Bostitch in addition to their own in-house brand “Motek” within fixings and adhesive sealants.
From just a few employees, they are now 275 employees in Norway and 15 employees in Sweden. They have 110 sales personnel out at any given time visiting building sites. And they have 29 physical stores.
– Our customers are very satisfied with our delivery precision rates
We repair roughly 30 000 tools in the workshop each year and we aim to complete repairs within three days. We deliver to the entire south-eastern region of Norway within 24 hours of an order being placed. In the Oslo area we deliver on the same day as long as the order is confirmed in the morning, says Halden.
For this to function, we are totally dependent on a good back-office system. SAP needs to work every day, all the time and we don’t have time for system problems, says Head of IT Ketil Greve Aubert in Motek.
FULLY INTEGRATED SYSTEM
– We are therefore working towards fully integrated systems that are as efficient as possible without a constant need for human intervention.
S/4 HANA looks very big and intimidating, but our experience is that the upgrade has been much simpler than we had feared. After we got started, it is less than two months from we gave the go-ahead and until we were up and running on the new version.
– The programs that SAP has delivered for upgrading have worked and Pearl has helped and worked hard to get this in place. It is very important for us to have a partner who takes total responsibility for both database operations and the SAP application. Pearl does that, says Aubert